Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in the details under account information, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our Services, search for a subject matter, use our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, upload a file, post a article ,enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, photograph, location details, qualification and designation. You may also choose to provide other personal information in order to express yourself beyond the required information, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. Your name, you e-mail id and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the Site. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect the following information: Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, "SNS") to sign in to the Site, an option of which may be provided by the Site to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS user ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the Company by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that website. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services like that of the Company's. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites/apps we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, vendors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the Site visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the Site in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser. This information allows us continuously to improve our Site.
Uses of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To enhance the security of the Site;
- To personalise Content;
- To remember information to help you efficiently access your Account;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you.
- If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or telephone) with information about services similar to the Services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please write to us at aoccindia.org;
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To ensure that Content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.;
- To send you Service-related notices.
- We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail. Once, the verification process is complete, your Account will be fully functional. Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; • to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the App about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). Disclosure of your information Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Site, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the Content that you choose to make public, on the App, it may be re-shared by others. We may share your personal information with any member of our Group. The term "Group" includes means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person. We may share your information including aggregate information about identifiable individuals with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Third party vendors for the fulfillment of contract entered with such vendors.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.